Thursday, July 16, 2009

Testing going well

I've just increased the price of the app and brought it back to the $1.99 US that it started at. I'm almost ready to submit the next product release to Apple.

Some notes of interest from product testing:

* Panasonic BB-HCM models tested and verified PTZ support, including presets
* Panasonic BL-C131A tested and verified PTZ support, including presets
* webcamXP tested and verified PTZ support
* Vivotek 7330 tested and verified PTZ support
* Custom searches working, filter by country, keywords, public/private, favorites
* Favorites working, ability to flag any private or public camera as a favorite, these show up at the top of the search results for any search
* Axis relative position PTZ support working, presets also supported
* Streaming video on 3G networks! I've uncommented my one line of code that prevents this and I'm anxiously awaiting a response from Apple to know how slow I must make the app so that it will be accepted. They rejected my original submission because it was a "bandwidth hog".

More testing tomorrow!